As true Southern girls, it’s only natural that one of the colors we chose to feature this week with gray was peach!
There is loads of potential in this pairing.Â Besides the obvious (hello bellinis!), I love the use of silver and peach together to create a late winter/early spring feeling.Â The gray brings out peach’s cooler side, which is so different and unexpected.
Ideas for this color scheme:
- I love using mirrors to enhance your decor and make the combination seem more vintage.Â I actually can’t see using candlelight as part of the decor because it would detract from its beauty rather than add to it.
- A locale of a historicÂ mansion, country club, or resort hotel would be perfect.Â Something with lots of neutrals in the decor already so that the colors you choose really shine.
- Mercury glass and more mercury glass!
- I really love the unique use of gray in Housemartin’s bouquet.Â So subtle but completely new and it’s an excellent way to bring in the gray to your color scheme.
- Gray bridesmaids dressesÂ = chic!Â Let’s leave the peaches for the food, shall we?
- We’ll have some gray stationery ideas later this week but for this particular color scheme I like stationery that’s more luxe – it will bring in the feel of the old-time Southern charm to the event.Â Stark and gray just doesn’t do it for me here.Â And don’t skimp on the calligraphy – it sets the mood for this palette!
- Favors!Â Without risking too much of a theme I think you can bring in the peach here.Â I’m thinking peach tea or peach preserves.
More gray fun coming at you tomorrow!