Well here it is, the last official entry of the Glitter and Glam Inspired Creations Contest!Â I’m sad to see it go but excited to use your comments, facebooks and tweets to determine the top 10 (look for a full round-up of all of the contest entries tomorrow so you can sound off on your favorites).Â This glamorous black and gold sweets table, escort card display, and guest book idea from Visions Wedding & Event Boutique, Julie Hanan Designs, Angela Renee Photography, and Cacao Sweets and Treats features melt-in-your mouth desserts, an abundance of candles, and a fluffy DIY lisianthus centerpiece!
The sweets table features cake truffles, mini cupcakes, and whoopie pies atop elegant cake stands.Â Cacao Sweets and Treats graciously shared instructions for making the heavenly cake truffles.
- Cake truffles
- Edible metallic shimmer sugar (you can order this online or buy in craft stores)
- Edible decorations to match your theme (pearls, rice paper, etc.)
- Milk, dark or white chocolate to match your truffles, melted
- Pan lined with wax paper
- Dip the bottom of each cake truffle into the melted chocolate of choice, directly dip into shimmer sugar
- Set on pan to dry
- Dip decoration into melted chocolate and place on top of cake truffle
- Set on pan to dry
- Store all of your cake truffles in an airtight container, refrigerate until serving (bring to room temperature before serving).
The inventive escort card display is a custom photo board.Â Each square of the photo is an escort card, and as each guest takes their square away, a thank you message appears to guests.Â So clever!Â And in keeping with the decadent chocolate and wine theme, the “guest book” is a fun custom wine bottle label.
Thanks ladies for entering the Inspired Creations Contest!
Event design – Visions Wedding & Event Boutique \ Stationery – Julie Hanan Designs \ Photography – Angela Renee Photography \ Desserts – Cacao Sweets and Treats \ Rentals – M&M Special Events Company \ Venue – Hotel Arista