I can’t believe this weekend is Memorial Day.Â Do you know what that means?Â It’s summer!Â And to officially usher in the season, here’s a little inspiration for your summer seaside soiree!Â Sperrys, twine and rope detail add nautical charm, while gorgeous hand-lettered escort cards keep it classic and personal.Â A perfect combination for a laid-back, preppy summer wedding!
Top row: vintage straw hat from Wild Honey Pie Vintage on Etsy; groomsmen in Sperrys, image by Mike Larson Photographers, Inc. via Style Me Pretty; sailboat wedding, image by Abby Jiu via Capitol Romance
Bottom row: laid-back groom in a khaki suit and sneakers, image from J Crew via Drop Dead Prep; nautical knot necklace from Treasure Nest; twine-wrapped bottles, image by Elizabeth Messina* via Style Me Pretty
Inspiration for tying the knot in nautical style:
- Throw in some pink for an unexpected punch of color!Â The ombre and striped details throughout this inspiration shoot are pure nautical perfection.
- A rustic boat turns into the perfect escort card display in this classic Newport Beach wedding.
- These illustrated invitations for an Atlantic City wedding are absolutely precious!
- Charming, vintage seaside details abound in this shoot inspired by Cape Cod.
- This couple said “I do” while taking in ocean views from the cliffs of Portugal – their rope table numbers would be such an easy and fun DIY project!
- A gorgeous seaside rehearsal dinner – complete with a clambake and bonfire!
- How cute and simple is this DIY nautical rope vase?
More nautical eye candy:
- A nautical inspiration round up via Grey Likes Weddings
- Soothing seaside inspiration from Creature Comforts
- Love this raspberry and ocean green living room – can I move in now?
- Lobster bib save the dates!Â Too. cute.Â Or for a more elegant touch, how about these watercolor ones?
- Little buoy necklaces are the perfect bridesmaids gifts.
Are you ready to set sail?