I will never forget the dayâ€”it must have been about 8 months into our marriageâ€”that my husband thought he lost his wedding band. We ran around in a panic for hours until we found it… under the bath mat. It’s such a terrible sinking feeling to believe that you have lost something so dear to your heart. His ring was just a simple gold band, it would have cost nothing to replace, but what if it had been my ring? And what if it was truly lost? Accidents do happen, and that’s where Perfect CircleÂ® Jewelry Insurance comes in.
Purchasing a jewelry insurance policy is an easy and important way to protect the investment you have made in your wedding rings. A policy from Jewelers Mutual will cover loss, theft, damage, and mysterious disappearance. Every policy is different, so do your research and make sure youâ€™re covered in the event of any loss.
What should you watch out for? From “it was stolen off of my beach towel” to “I lost it when taking out the trash”, here are the top 6 reasons couples report claims to Jewelers Mutual:
- Mysterious disappearance. The ring has been lost or stolen, and you have no idea how or when.
- Lost while at the beach or pool. A honeymooner’s worst nightmare! Make good use of your hotel safe whenever possible!
- Lost in the restroom or flushed down the drain. Double-check before exiting any public restrooms, and remove your rings when doing dishes.
- Lost while traveling. You are often preoccupied with a number of different things when traveling, and it’s easy to miss a ring that may have been lost for hours or days.
- Accidentally threw it away. From tossing out your lunch tray or drying your hands over the trash, it’s easy to lose your ring in the garbage.
- Chipped a stone. Be sure to place your ring in a secure place when exercising or working with your hands.
*This post was sponsored by Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company.