Two small details from the vow renewal that you haven’t yet seen are the reserved signs for the ceremony chairs and the embroidered hemstitch cocktail napkins.
The reserved signs were a super-easy project.Â Here they are (backwards) on the chairs).
Supplies needed (makes 8):
* Two pieces of 8.5 x 11 cardstock
* One piece of 8.5 x 11 Accent paper
* Self-adhesive velcro dots (8 pairs)
1) Cut 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock in eighths vertically (two rows of 2.75 x 4.25″ cards).
2) Cut accent paper into 2.25 x 3.75″ cards.
3) Cut 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock into 2 x 3.5″ cards.Â If desired, pre-print “Reserved” on cards – I use MS Word tables for this purpose.
4) Mat 2 x 3.5″ cards on accent paper cards.Â Calligraph or write names on cards.
5) Cut ribbon to desired length and if desired, cut inverted V in ribbon ends.Â Length will be dependent upon the measurement of your chairs.Â My ribbon was approximately 24″ in length.
6) Leaving 4″ or so at end, glue the middle of the accent paper backing to the ribbon.Â Then glue the accent paper to the 2.75 x 4.25″ cards.Â The ribbon will now be secured between the accent paper layer and the backing.
7) Attach self-adhesive velcro circle to back of card.Â I attached only one side at the point of making them, and when we wrapped them around the chairs, we adhered to the other side of the ribbon.
Me, fixing aforementioned backwards reserved signs:
You may remember that our printed materials had a small flourish motif, which I carried forward into the event.Â One place it showed up was on the embroidered linen hemstitch cocktail napkins.Â I loved the way these turned out – such an unexpected little detail!
Some more photos from the cocktail hour before I move on to the reception!
Everyone had a blast looking at all of the old photos for the time capsule…
… and playing blackjack.
Charlie had fun being the most adorable puppy on earth:
We also got some wonderful shots in front of the mantle and around the venue:
And there were bellinis too (it is Atlanta, after all):
Up next: the reception!
*all photos by Jessica Claire
Previously: Choosing My Venue, Out of Town Baskets, Do Not Disturb Signs, The Welcome Party (Part 1, Part 2), Welcome Party Wrap-Up, Lighting the Lawn and Porch, Bathroom Baskets, DIY Coat Check Tags, Ceremony Music, Our Same Day Edit Video, Getting Pretty, Getting Ready Part II, Portraits, The Ceremony, Ceremony Readings, Cocktail Hour Decor, DIY Wine Glass Charms, Time Capsule Guest Book, Cocktail Hour Entertainment: Blackjack